City Stickers
The City Sticker and Residential Zone Stickers are managed by the Chicago City Clerk’s Office. There are many different types of parking throughout the City of Chicago. Every vehicle in Chicago must have the Chicago City Sticker, which must be renewed every year or two years depending on the type of sticker you purchase. You can learn more about City Sticker Sales by clicking here.

Residential Zone Parking
Some areas are designated for the residents who live there. You must  obtain a Residential Zone Parking sticker from the City Clerk in order to park in a designated area. In areas where zone parking exists, you should be able to locate your zone number on the signs on your block that designate the area for zone parking. For more information about zone parking, please visit

Pick Up Truck Stickers
The City of Chicago does not allow for service vehicles to park on residential streets in order to preserve parking for regular sized vehicles. However, some Alderman including Alderman Dowell have made exceptions for pick up trucks. If you have a pick up truck and live in the Third Ward, you need to obtain a free pick up truck parking sticker at Alderman Dowell’s Ward office (5046 S. State).

Soldier Field Parking
Parking restrictions are in place for the South Loop during all Chicago Bears football games, Wintrust Arena Events as well as other events hosted at Soldier Field.  Vehicles parked in the South Loop without a valid South Loop Event Parking Pass or South Loop Event Guest Pass are subject to ticketing or towing. This sticker is free and can be picked up at Alderman Dowell’s Ward office. You can also get one guest pass for your visitors.

White Sox Parking
Similar to Soldier Field parking, people who live in Wentworth Gardens or in any area designated for no parking on game/event days will need to come by Alderman Dowell’s office to obtain a free White Sox Parking sticker. You can also get up to two guest passes for your visitors.

Got a Ticket?
Parking tickets can be issued for a variety of reasons. The most common are related to parking meters, street sweeping, and red light/speed cameras. If you feel you have been written a ticket in error, you can contest in writing or in person. For more information about how to contest a ticket, call the City Clerk’s Office at 312-744-6770, click here, or contact Allyson Allison at (773) 373-9273.